Curried Spinach with Peanuts
I swear this was by far one of the BEST spinach dishes I have ever ever ever had. And I got this recipe from of course..Weight Watchers. I was almost not even going to make this but decided I needed to use my container of spinach before it went bad. I’m glad I made this and I will definitely be making this AGAIN and AGAIN! The flavors reminded me of a bit of Thai, I guess because there’s coconut milk and curry in it.
Two point values and a whole lot of flavor.. what more can you ask for?
The recipe below is from the Weight Watchers site and my changes are italicized.
- 32 oz chopped frozen spinach, baby variety (I just used fresh spinach and put a lid on the pot to let the spinach cook and wilt down)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided, or more to taste
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup(s) light coconut milk
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp peanuts, salted, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced
- Cook spinach according to package instructions; drain well in colander and press out any remaining liquid. (I skipped this step since I had fresh spinach)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, curry and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add drained spinach, coconut milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and lime juice; stir to combine and heat through. I added fresh spinach (a whole container of it since the spinach wilts down) and mixed it into the coconut milk, put a lid on it and let it wilt down maybe 5ish minutes. I didn’t completely cook and wilt my spinach down, I cooked it till it was almost there but still had some texture. Top with peanuts and cilantro just before serving. Yields about 3/4 cup spinach, 1 1/2 teaspoons peanuts and 1 teaspoon cilantro per serving.